RE: Outstanding Argument!

:-)  Ha ha ha ha.

:At 12:40 PM 5/10/2000 -0400, Medina, Edward wrote:
:>[quoting David C's quote from the XML spec]
:>What the Senior Engineer wanted was something specifically
:that says you
:>cannot
:>use "/".
:
:You won't find any such statement. The XML spec doesn't tell
:you what's NOT
:allowed in a name; it tells you what IS allowed. That's why it
:also doesn't
:mention that you cannot include eyeglasses, textbooks, golden
:retrievers,
:Diet Coke, your best friend, your worst enemy, or the XSL-List
:archives in
:a name.

Thanks for the response.  It made me laugh, and my logic is that
if is not mentioned is probably cannot be used, but some
people apparently think because it specifically doesn't exclude
those then you should be able to include a
Diet Coke, your best friend, your worst enemy, or the XSL-List
archives in the name.  (Could you imagine the W3C standard?)
I laugh at the thought of pages and pages of useless information
concerning what you cannot do with XSL.  Now think about everything
around you.  "Well the computer didn't say I could put my PBJ in the
floppy drive!".

Sorry for the Out of Topic response.

Eddy