simple XSL

my selects arent working cause I have variable tags.

<A>
	<VariableTag>
		<C>

		</C>
	</VariableTag>
</A>

the variable tag may or may NOT be there. And with a different name.
how do I make this work where it finds tag C regardless of the Variable Tag?

<xsl:template match="C">
 ! do something
</xsl:template>

<xsl:for-each match="A">

<xsl:apply-template select="C"

</xsl:for-each>

thanks a bunch!

Moazzam
Ps I would also like to thank everyone who responded to my previous
emails about <xsl:element> havent tried em yet but Im sure they'll work! :)