Re: Using XSLT for complicated database mapping

Noam,

My answer is slightly off topic, since the solution doesn't use XSLT,
but it does use XML and is relavent to your question.

You might want to check out Castor, which is an XML databinding, O/R
mapping, and persistence framework. You can specify your mappings via an
XML mapping file, or by creating implementations of ClassDescriptors.

It has a source code generator which when given an XML Schema (currently
a subset of the W3C 19991217 draft) will create the appropriate Java
object model for you. It can handle all the necessary Java->XML
marshaling and XML->Java unmarshaling.

It's open source and you can check it out at http://castor.exolab.org.
It has it's own mailing list, so if you have any questions, you can
direct them there.

--Keith