RE: How to reference many XML files in XSL

If it is a bunch of HTML-Files you want to get, you could use XALAN.
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan/overview.html
You can invoke xalan from the command line.

If you're working under Windows, I might have a detailed solution for you.

I wrote myself a dos batch file, which invokes xalan in a relatively
convenient way:
REM xslt.bat
@echo off
set
XSLTCLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\jdk1.2.2\lib\Xalan\xalan.jar;C:\jdk1.2.2\lib\Xa
lan\xerces.jar;C:\jdk1.2.2\lib\Xalan\xml4j.jar
java -cp %XSLTCLASSPATH% org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN %1 -XSL %2 -OUT
%3

Syntax: xslt <XML-File> <XSL-File> <HTML-File>
where HTML-File is the name of the result file, in which the processor
should write.

By embedding this batch file into another one, which enumerates all your XML
files and calls xlst.bat by using always the same stylesheet, you might
solve your problem.
There is some construct like "for (%%x) in..." provided by MS-DOS, to
enumerate specific files in a directory, but don't ask me for the correct
syntax.

Shell scripts under Unix would look very similar...

reinhard pilz