RE: Variables and constants

Well I would disagree about the call-templates issue. That
one also fits something very common in stylesheet areas --
named templates to do repetitive formatting.

I personally have used it to set up the code for standard
HTML headers/footers when the stylesheet was producing
lots of pages and different elements could kick off a page.
I guess this is sort of 'procedural' but I never looked at
it that way...

Sara