Updated XSL support in IE5?

Ok, <aside>given that the updated XSL module for IE5 supports
neither named templates nor modes, I'm not sure why I'm even
bothering, but anyway...</aside> I sat down to update my IE5 XSL
stylesheet for a simple subset of DocBook and discovered that I
cannot make it work. At all. The MSXML2 scripting demos that
come from MS work, so I've definitely installed the new stuff.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here? Here's the stylesheet:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="article">
  <head>
    <title>foo</title>
  </head>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="article/title">
  <h1><xsl:apply-templates/></h1>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="para">
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

And here's the test document:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="sdocbook.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<para>Paragraph.</para>
</article>

The result in IE5 is a completely blank screen. Fiddling with
the scripting stuff from their demos, I can demonstrate that
MSXML2 'does the right thing', but why won't it actually display
the result in the simple case?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--