XSLT performance - C++ vs. Java

I'm trying to find an XSLT processor that is both conformant (to the
19991116 REC) and performant.  All the Java-based XSLT processors I've tried
don't have impressive performance.

I'm testing with the 640K "1998statistics.xml" file from the CD that comes
with the "XML Bible" book and using the style sheet "baseballstats.xsl" from
the same place.  On a relatively fast NT box I'm getting times of 9 to 10
seconds.

Is anyone aware of a C-based XSLT processor that meets my criteria?
I've looked into these C-based XSLT processors.

iXSLT
- doesn't conform to 19991116

Oracle XML Parser
- has an integrated XSLT processor
- conforms to 19991116 in most areas
  but is missing some key features like <xsl:sort> and <xsl:output>

Xalan C++
- haven't been able to get TestXSLT.exe to work
  even on a simple test case (gives SAXException
  without any indication of a specific problem)
- Have you had success with this?

TransforMiix
- in the Mozilla source tree
- doesn't seem to be ready for general use yet