D> Is there any way to access user request response in xsl

Index Nav:> [Date Index] [Subject&nbsdex] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread&;Next]
<s there any way to access user request response in xsl
hi,,

I am using asp as frontend.
my xile is
<?xml version="1.0" ...?>
<abc>
	<News>
		<title>..............</title>
		<abstract&..........</abstract>
	</News>

	<News>
		<title>..............</title>
		<abstract>.......</abstract>
	</News>
</abc>

I have an xsl file to access this xml data.

In my Asp page suppose I wriomething like this,

if request.queryString("id")=1 then
    first_news.xsl
else
    second_news.xsl
end if

Then it is not  habit. because tomorrow if I have another 10 news then
I cannot sit and create 10 xsl files, right.
So, what I want is,
I  to send some value to xsl file from asp file. ie as we send some
value as querystring in asp. and based on this value I wao make my xsl
file act upon.

ie if I send 1 as query string, for example, then I must get only first
element. If it is 2  I should get 2nd element.

Is it possible?
If it is... then please help in this regards. This may be a silly question.
Butm new to xml and xsl.
So please help..................

rgds
Ural