Re: Developer release of knightmare.g

Lincoln Peters wrote:

http://homepage.mac.com/lmpeters/knightmare.g

I noticed a couple of typos when I was reading through it. I believe "benevolent" was spelled as "beneavolent" in one place. I have not forgotten the other typo.

But, wow. It is much bigger than last time I looked at it. I am glad to see that the 20 levels of knights are still intact though, since the progression through combat experience is part of what made the original 'knights.g' appealing to me.

Hopefully, I will get a chance to playtest it soon.

A few Xconq bugs that I uncovered while developing this module (all of
them have been posted at SourceForge):

* When a city or temple upgrades by changing type, the new type has a
longer reach than the old type.  However, the reach of the unit is
unchanged.  This drastically slows their growth.

* When a change-type occurs, the affected unit seems to lose materials
in the process.  Although with the supply and economy systems in place,
this bug may be hard to pin down.

Both of these are likely easy to fix. However, it would be quite helpful to have a saved game demonstrating them.

By protracting life, we do not deduct one jot from the duration of death.
		-- Titus Lucretius Carus

I see the Romans thought about mathematical cardinality.