Re: [Xconq-general] Re: New Xconq Prerelease

Andreas Bringedal wrote:
Currently downloading on my 56k modem...

Ouch. It's only 7.5 MB, though....

One thing though. For us computer illiterate people(of which there are
more of than one might think) it's rather confusing to have a zillion download options. Would it be easily doably to highlight the
playable download file among all the others uninteresting files(uninteresting for the pure player) in red or green?

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=124062&package_id=135573&release_id=285719

Is that better?

BTW, almost everything listed there is "playable". Some of it is "playable" on Linux, and some of it must be compiled before it is "playable". Windows isn't the only platform in the universe.

Sure, even I
managed to find the .exe win 32 bit file

Yes, I made sure it had "SETUP" in all uppercase letters for the computer illiterate and other Windows users. ;-)

FYI, 39 of the 52 downloads in the previous file release were for the Windows installer, and it did not have "SETUP" in all uppercase letters, and it was not even the first download on the list.

but I had to search through the rest of the non interesting stuff and it would be rather
player friendly to have the player executable file highlighted.  I wouldn't be surprised it there are even greater degrees of
computer illiterate people than me that couldn't be bothered to figure it out.

In the future, I'll just quote the URL for the new file release and not for all the other Xconq-related package sections.

Btw, great work. It's fun to lurk around when so much is happening.

Thanks. It is indeed an exciting time for Xconq development.