Re: Publicity Test Run

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 13:37, Elijah Meeks wrote:
> To that end, I
> think we should tidy up the In Progress/Release list
> of games that show up when you start a new game, so
> that it puts the engine's best foot forward.  My
> initial votes go for the Standard Game, the various
> Advanced Games, my own AWLS, Opal and Star Fleet
> Battles, the Civ port and Galaxy 2.  I'm not too
> familiar with the rest, but I think it'd be good to
> stabilize Bellum Aeternum and Wreckreation, because
> these are current projects, and I would be happy to
> lend a hand, if there's anything I can do.

Perhaps a better system for categorizing games, both by genre and
development stage, would go a long way here.  Something like this
updated version of my proposed GTK+-based "Welcome" screen (which could
be mimicked to the same effect with TclTk or ParaGUI):

http://homepage.mac.com/lmpeters/welcome2.png

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

"... an experienced, industrious, ambitious, and often quite often
picturesque liar."
		-- Mark Twain