Re: Antarcticonq

Oh lord, the Mountains of Madness...  I can't think of
any way to model Lovecraft in XConq, but if I do,
beware.  Nyarlathotep won't work until manual...

I don't know; portions of Antarctica's history according to Lovecraft. I could easily see both the shoggoth uprising against the Elder Things in Kadath and the possibly near future -- if we're to believe news items like the one found here:

http://www.ufoarea.com/aas_kadath_antarctica.html

conflict between humans and shoggoths after the ruins of Kadath are opened.

:)

The biggest challenge with these scenarios is that (in modern times, anyway) Kadath is mostly below the surface, and there is some argument to extending it for multiple hexes; if this approach is taken it would be reasonable to have units on the surface and units in the caves beneath not be able to interact with one another or even be aware of one another.

Didn't Matthew Skala mention that the ultimate goal of his Antarctica work was to create a Lovecraft based module?