Re: Possible bug in side_can_research

Lincoln Peters wrote:

When I re-wrote ai_plan_research, I had assumed that the
side_can_research function would return false for advances that have
already been researched.  However, having run advances.g several times

That should be the case, and seems to do exactly that in the places it is used in the new side research code in the SDL UI. I am surprised that it is causing you problems.

Would it be reasonable to modify side_can_research so that it returns
false for advances that the side already has?  Or would it be better to
place the necessary code in ai_plan_research instead?

Actually, there is a function to update the research vector and it gets called whenever a topic is actually researched in the kernel run code.

BOFH excuse #251:

Processes running slowly due to weak power supply

Excuses such as "solar flares" or "electrostatic buildup" are easier to manipulate feeble minds with....