Re: Net Game Showstopper

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 17:55, Robert Goulding wrote:
> Dear all:  Sorry to be a party-pooper (though it seems it can only be a
> 2-person party anyway...) but something's come up tonight and I can't make
> it.  I would love to try some other time, though.
>
> Here's a question.  If I were to send an email to the list saying that I'm
> starting up a game, and for anyone who happens to be at their computers and
> interested in joining, here is my IP address - is that at all a security
> risk for me?  If not, I'll give it a try some time during the week.

It depends on what's running on your computer.  It is (theoretically)
perfectly safe if you can ensure that no servers of any kind (other than
Xconq) are running on your computer.  If any other kinds of servers are
running, it could be a security risk, depending on the security of the
server(s) in question.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

Westheimer's Discovery:
	A couple of months in the laboratory can frequently save a
	couple of hours in the library.