Re: IMFApp Office

>> This is because your images have non-standard sizes.
>
>I realize they have non-standard sizes, but that should not cause black
>patches to appear at various places around the images in 32x32 grid
>boxes (whereas there are no display problems with the scaled images in
>the 32x32 closeup view).

Strange. I don't see any black patches under either Mac OS or Linux/X11.
The only thing I see is the failure to scale the images correctly on the
first attempt.

>I saw the 44x48 images, and assumed that Xconq would scale the images
>based on that. The reason I chose a height of 64 is so that it would fit
>the largest view size without having to be scaled back up from 32x32.

That's a nice idea. Images at 64x64 are generally so ugly that I never use
that magnification. And it seems that scaling of your images works, after
some initial confusion, both at 32x32 and 64x64.

>> However, a further complication is during actual drawing, when best_image
>> checks that no image is greater than 32x32 (or 44x48) and scales the image
>> in that is the case. Your images, if used in Xconq, would therefore be cut
>> to half-size before they are drawn.
>
>This is what I want. But, at the largest magnification factor, shouldn't
>Xconq be attempting to draw actual 64x64's if they exist?

That's also what it does, at least under Mac TCL.

>> P.S. Another strange thing that you may have noticed is that your new gif
>> appears (distorted) when you select wreckreation in the new game list.
>
>Hadn't tested it. My copy of Wreckreation is still in mid-hack and not
>in a usable state.

Well, let me modify that. On the Mac, the image gets distorted (i.e.
expanded to 240 x 160 pixels). In the tcltk interface, however, a smaller
image is drawn instead.