Re: [xconq] My hacked up copy of time.g

Henry J. Cobb wrote:

Eric McDonald pointed me to an updated version of the file so I hacked
that with my unit and combat changes.

If you want to ensure that you always have the latest files, then I would strongly recommend that you use CVS. There is a text file called 'INSTALL-win.txt' in which I give some pointers on how to go about that under Windows. Even if you don't intendto compile a fresh copy of Xconq from sources, you can still use CVS to get updates. Also, see:
http://sources.redhat.com/xconq/cvs.html

There does seem to be a bug with Battleship and Transport initial fuel.

Details...? (I'm not going to have a chance to test your changes until tomorrow.)

The maximum abuse of the current capture and transport code can be seen
when a ufo with two mechs captures 16 cities a turn.

If you want to improve aspects of the capture behavior, there are many things you can do with the existing GDL tables. These things do not require modifications to the Xconq sources. See the documentation on the 'occupant-allows-capture-by' table and company, and the 'protection' and related tables.