Re: No message when out of fuel

Robert Goulding wrote:

A couple of times today I've been playing the standard game (both the latest
OSX binary from website and latest Win CVS self-compiled).

Did you set up a MSVC or CodeWarrior project, or did you use configure/make? If you used configure, was it with Cygwin or MSYS+MinGW32, and did you encounter any problems?

I've notice a
couple of units run out of fuel, at which point they simply disappear from
the game without any message - shouldn't the player be notified that this
unit has been removed?

IIRC, the individual game designer must set an event notice or narrative detailing what happened. However, I agree that it might be nice to have a default narrative for starvation (running out of fuel and crashing, for example).