Re: Newest code crashes Tcl/Tk

>Something in the last two days' worth of changes has caused an XWindows
>lock-up.  The last time this happened it was on a Tcl/Tk call.  The
>problem disappeared when some bug fix in the Mac Tcl code related to
>flickering / fast refreshes was fixed.  The problem has now reappered for
>the first time since then, which was months ago.  I played many games
>successfully since then, and suddenly it has locked up again.

There was a recent change to the tcltk interface code which reduced buzzing
during autoscrolling. It should not cause any lockups, but then we never
understood why you had these Debian-specific lockups previously, or why
they disappeared when redrawing of the world map was fixed back in March.

Since you are using the CVS sources, perhaps you could make a couple of
checkouts with different dates, to verify that this change is responsible?
If that is the case, a checkout with -D 2004-06-20 should work while -D
2004-06-21 should freeze (note that the dates in the ChangeLog do not
always agree with the checkout dates).

It would also be useful, as Eric said, to know a little more about your
freezes: if they happen all the time or only when you do certain things etc.

>Note that when I recompile XConq on my Linux machine, many files in the
>mac directory are in fact compiled, for some reason.

This does not make sense to me. There is no makefile in the mac directory,
so there is no way these files could compile under Linux.