Re: Overrun actions (was: Consumption-per-fire?)

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 01:37, Hans Ronne wrote:

> Another thing that I found while looking into overruns is that
> left-clicking on  an enemy unit now only works from adjacent cells. If you
> do it from further away, you get the "no room" error message.

Now that you mention this, I think I have seen this as well. If the
enemy existed anywhere on the path but the destination cell, I would
expect it to appear as a blockage (though "no room" is probably not the
best diagnostic). However, I would agree that an enemy unit should be
allowed in the destination cell, and that, if detected there, a move-to
(with nearness set to 1, or 'fire-range'/'attack-range' if we want to be
smarter) should be set.

> the enemy unit and then prompt for instructions what to do. Alternatively,
> one could make it possible to schedule a move + overrun task this way.

I would worry about accidental clicks triggering this automatic
behavior, though I agree that it would be quite nice and fluid to set
the overrun and then push the abovementioned move-to ahead of it.