Re: Overrun actions (was: Consumption-per-fire?)

>I don't know about using right button for one (firing?) and left for the
>other (melee attacking?), though. What about Mac users of the Tcl/Tk
>interface; would they have to option-click to get the effect of the
>right button or something like that? Also, I would prefer to preserve
>the right button for bringing up a context menu, since that seems to be
>its traditional (and thus expected) role.

In the Mac native interface, right-clicking (or control-clicking) is
already used to bring up the closeup for a unit, but that could be changed.
As for the problems with right-clicking in the Mac tcltk interface, this is
a bug which should be fixed.

Another thing that I found while looking into overruns is that
left-clicking on  an enemy unit now only works from adjacent cells. If you
do it from further away, you get the "no room" error message. This is new
behaviour that came in recently, perhaps as a consequence of the
path-finding code. The old behaviour, which I think made sense, was that if
I clicked on an enemy unit, my unit would move to a position adjacent to
the enemy unit and then prompt for instructions what to do. Alternatively,
one could make it possible to schedule a move + overrun task this way.