Wrecking Revisited

In Specula I wanted to have it so that undead couldn't
build units, but instead gained more Zombie units when
they wiped out regular units.  I thought I'd found a
novel solution:

Set the wrecked-type of normal units to "Zombie"

Set the possible-sides of Zombies to "Undead" only

I figured that this would wipe out the created Zombie
units for any player but the Undead, so that when the
Undead wiped out a bunch of units, poof, they had a
bunch of zombies, while when anybody else wiped out a
bunch of units, they'd just disappear.

Anyone who is familiar with the way wrecked-type works
probably isn't in suspense.  Instead of only allowing
the creation of Zombies for the set side, it gives the
warning:

Leaving unit on disallowed side
This is not fatal, but may cause more serious problems
later on.  Do you want to continue playing this game?
(if 'no', you will get a chance to save it)

I think designers would be better served if the code
simply vanished any disallowed unit without reporting
an error.  I can't see much reason for it to work like
it does, but maybe I'm missing something.