Windows Resource Limits (was Re: Pathfinding)

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Hans Ronne wrote:

> We should figure out what to do about the fact that some games still fail
> to load on non-NT systems because of the 2M limit on GDI resource memory.
> Or even better, find  a way around this limit.

That was my other main reason for wanting to load Windows 95,
since I remembered you mentioning this problem several times in
the past.

I do intend to work on the problem at some point. I have shied
away from it thus far, because the old 133-MHz Pentium system I
also have is just too slow to do modify-compile-test
development with someone else's code. If it had been my own
code and it was fresh in my memory, the process wouldn't be so
painful on such a slow machine....