Mac interface questions

Two aesthetic questions re the Mac interface:

1) Unit names seem to be fixed in Shadow Style. Preferences lets me change size and font, but not style. I really dislike the shadow letters. Can I somehow, short of hacking the Xconq code, turn the style back to plain?

2) I am playing the WWII Battalion games, since they are closest in scale and concept to what I am planning to design (see note below). I am usually using 32x32 map scale, and I get two icon sizes on my map, a large one for units alone in a hex and the smaller one when units are stacked. Can I easily get Xconq to use the smaller icons even when a unit is alone in a hex?

Note: I hope to build an Xconq module very soon to cover a VERY hypothetical war between Russia and NATO set in a 2010 alternate universe. This would be an umpire tool for use in the Global Thunder MBX game which has been running for several years now. See these for details:

http://www.battlefront.com/resources/tacops/MBX/Globalthunder/ENN/ ennlast.html#

http://www.battlefront.com/resources/tacops/MBX/Globalthunder/index.html

Tom