RE: New Action: change-type

>On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Erik Jessen wrote:
>
>> Just to ask, what's the min hardware requirements & OS we're targeting?
>> One can buy a brand-new machine from Dell for about $300...
>
>Well, the minimum software specs we seem to be targetting is C89
>compliance. If a machine can build at least one of the Xconq
>interfaces with a C89 compiler and is running MacOS (with >= PPC
>processor), 32-bit Windows, or a fairly modern Unix, then it seems
>to be one that we are interested in supporting.
>
>Eric

In terms of OS's:

Windows NT, 2000 and XP - Fully supported.
Windows 98, SE and ME - Supported, but with reduced quality graphics*.
Windows 95 - Not supported (might still work).

* These older Windows versions have only 2MB of GDI resource memory.

MacOS 8.6 and above - Fully supported.
MacOS 8.1 to 8.5 - Fully supported native interface. No help system in the
tcltk interface*.
MacOS 7.0 to 8.0 - Not supported (might still work).

* The obstack code and tcltk do not work well together under these older
MacOS versions.

Another limit is the amount of memory needed by Xconq (at least 24 MB).
This means that you are unlikely to be able to run it on machines with
ancient OS's.