Re: Transport bugs

Hi Brian, others,

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Brian Dunn wrote:

> 5) With manual control, I often want to tell a unit to leave
>town and go somewhere else.  Many times, the unit will refuse to
>move, unless I click on an adjacent hex.

I think part of the issue here is that the pathfinder will try to
hunt down an available transport for the unit if the unit is
marked as desiring to use a transport. Unfortunately from what I
remember of looking at that code recently, if it does not limit
the range of the search for an "available" transport. It does
bracket down to the nearest one, but if that happens to be 30
cells away, you probably aren't too likely to move it over to
pickup the unit.... Probably if we limit the range in which an
"available" transport is found (perhaps using movement rate as a
criterion in determining the range), this will help alleviate the
problem some. (I am making the above comments from
semi-foggy memory, since I am supposed to be moving boxes right
now, rather than writing email or digging through code.)

> Anyhow, congrats on a fun game.

Thanks, and welcome to the list.