Re: Standard game problems in windows (20031214) version

Hi Bruno ("Mr. Standing Orders"),

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Bruno Boettcher wrote:

> > paralyzing the unit due to overconsumption of supplies. I suppose
> > that one could recheck the path for blockage after each move, but
> > this might be costly in terms of CPU (it would still be cheaper
> > than recomputing the path after each move, I think).
> what about recomputing the path to the nearest resupply source when we
> hit the low supply case (and eventually compare it to the destination)?

I don't think we should automatically move in any direction other
than that specified by the user. Second-guessing the player is
generally not a good idea.

> wheres the problem? they are allready implemented???
> i use regularly patrols since years now??? .....
> the solution are standing orders....

If you feel like creating 3 or 4 for various coordinates, __in a
graphical interface. Look, I am a keyboard's best friend, but
there are times when a few clicks are better at getting the job
done (except in the curses interface :-). This is how patrols are
set up in Strategic Conquest and Empire Master, and I think it is
more efficient to do things this way. Also, it just might give
some better competition to people who use standing orders
heavily.... :-)

  Regards,