Re: Reduced Visibility Table?

Hello,

On 1 Dec 2003, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> > enemy units in the same cell?
>
> You can make any unit exert zero ZOC (Zone of Control).

I thought it was -1 to make a unit exert only ZOC over itself, and
0 to make it exert over its cell. I use -1 ZOC in Bellum to create
the very effect Elijah is asking about.

> However, the
> last time I looked at games that used this (which was before the new
> pathfinding algorithm was introduced), units still tried to go around
> invisible enemy units with no ZOC, even though they could not
> theoretically see those enemy units!

And I have seen cases where an undiscovered unit that could
normally be attacked by the unit trying to enter its ZOC instead
simply blocks the entering unit rather than starting combat with
it. I think this is a bug, and it is on my list of things to do.