RE: GDL, XML and others...Re: OT Python stuff (was RE: Python in Xconq)

Jakob Ilves wrote:

> <troll type="flamebait">
>   ...game design GUIs anyone?
> </troll>

Let's get to usable OO game design APIs before even bothering to waste a
brain cell on that.  For instance, I'd like to see a fledgling game
designer / mediocre programmer write a Python script that implements a
One Hex Combat Resolution system.  With that sort of API tool, Xconq
doesn't have to be a game about hiding outside of cities you've just
taken over.

You could have a GUI to implement various kinds of OHCRs, someday, but
first you need an API for OHCRs.  No point visually programming what you
don't even know how to manually program yet.

> Well, the OO implementation is sure OO, but I find it
> amazingly lightweight.  Like as if Monthy
> Python (no pun vs Python language intended) would have
> designed it.  But as I said, that's no
> problem, only charming...

Ministry of Sillycoding?

> Ooh, I'm talking about SVG _AGAIN_...  I _REALLY_ refuse to
> get back to earth, don't I ;-)?

Who knows, you may yet talk yourself into coding XML / SVG stuff.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.