RE: UI proposal

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 00:33, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> Lincoln Peters wrote:
> >
> > http://homepage.mac.com/lmpeters/gtk-xconq.png
> >
> > DON'T PANIC!  This screenshot does NOT, on its own, illustrate what I
> > was thinking about!
>
> Glad to hear that.  It's definitely too cluttered.  But if you were able
> to bang it out quickly, that's of interest.  My biggest question: can
> GDK+ do right-click popup menus with icons in them?

Yes.  I've seen them implemented in countless programs, including the
one I'm using for e-mail.  I think that Freeciv also uses GTK+, and it
uses pop-up menus extensively.

> Second big question is: do you know if SDL GUI builder tools exist, or
> are you speculating?  It is not clear from your comments that Glade has
> anything to do with SDL.  If SDL requires manual labor to get results,
> that's a loss.

I used Glade simply because it was easy to bang something out.  As far
as I know, there is no similar tool for SDL.  However, I don't know
anything about SDL programming.