Re: OT Python stuff (was RE: Python in Xconq)

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 07:14:26AM -0800, Erik Jessen wrote:
> @files = Find();
yup :D :D

> Seriously, any OO language is preferred (IMHO), because it will be more
> maintainable (C++?).
uhm uhm perl is gettin OO'ish ;)
and its not the language that causes most problems but the programmers
and their lack of discipline, that's why you get the impression that
more restrictive languages are easier mantained, but its an
impression.... i have a C++ project to take over and its utter
horror.... a perfect example of commercially produced 'high efficiency'
and 'professional' piece of software....

> And a scripting language is seriously preferred, because it will permit
> so much more stuff.
yah :D

> If we add a scripting language, then I would submit that we write a
> simple porting script to convert GDL to that language, and drop GDL.
> IMHO, GDL is just a way to fill in data-structures, and any language can
> do that.
oh? that sounds like a nice idea?

> A nice GUI-builder (anything well-known & portable like TCL) would be
> very useful, because the scripting language could then create new popups
> as needed, and if we're aiming for flexibility, then people who do
> political games are going to have lots of popups saying "Country X has
> proposed trading 3 steel, 4 oil and 5 herds of cattle, in return for a
> peace treaty.
> What is your answer?".
uhm perl-gtk, perl-tk?

--