Re: unfair starting positions

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Peter Garrone wrote:

> > the remnants of the last 2 guys into oblivion was particularly tiresome,
> > the inevitable outcome was known long before.
>
> There is always the ai command. Turn your side over to the ai, get a
> drink, and watch.

Unfortunately, the AI is rather bad at launching coordinated,
continuous assaults over any significant distance. <knowing smile>
Perhaps better path-finding will be the first step in remedying
this. </knowing smile>

Sometimes when I watch the AI's duke things out, the physicist in
me starts thinking about statistical mechanics and
thermodynamics....  Think long term diffusive processes between
two bodies of roughly equal local pressure along their region of
contact.

But I'm sure if you have enough to drink, things will start to
seem entertaining. And if you really have enough to drink, you
might even get to watch the last 100 turns of the endgame when you
crawl back into your chair the next morning....