RE: Canonical Windows build environment?

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> I have forgotten how to pump both stdout and stderr to the same file.
> How do I do that?  I cobbled "make >out.txt" and "make 2>err.txt"
> together to get the following, it's tedious.

It depends on which shell you are using. Since you are doing
things from Cygwin, I am assuming you are using bash, which is the
default shell in that environment. In this case, you should do:
  >out.txt 2>&1
which tells the shell to redirect stdout to a file, and then do an
appending redirect of stderr to the redirected stdout. If you do
things in the reverse order, you will not obtain the desired
results. For an understanding of why this is, read dup(2),
dup2(2), and bash(1).

> make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/devel/xconq/tcltk'
> gcc -c -g -O2 -mwin32  -I. -I./.. -I./../kernel -I/nonexistent/include
> tkmain.c

I am curious where "-I/nonexistent/include" is coming from. This
seems like an odd place. Did you install the Tcl/Tk headers to
there?