Re: Canonical Windows build environment?

>Hi!  What is the canonical Windows build environment on W2K?
>
>I've tried using Cygwin from www.cygwin.com , without success.
>Configure works fine.  The 7.4.1 sources fail with errors in win32.c.  I
>assume nobody's interested in figuring out why that might be.  :-)  The
>CVS sources fail anywhere <Tk.h> get used, it seems it's seeking
><X11/Xlib.h>.  Don't know if that's XConq or Cygwin's TK messing that
>up.  As far as I know there's no X11 installation available for Cygwin.

7.4.1 is three years old and obsolete. To build the Windows app from those
sources you need the equally obsolete cygwin-b20 and also a special hacked
tcltk version for cygwin-b20 (you will get the latter if you check out the
xconq-all module).

That being said, the CVS sources is what you really want to use. The Tk.h
problem is known, it was discussed by Juergen Ruehle and Eric McDonald two
months ago on this list. Eric is doing a major overhaul of the config and
Makefiles. He should be in a better position to answer your specific
questions about mingw support.

An alternative to cygwin/mingw is to use a Windows native build
environment. It is now possible to build xconq for Windows using either
Visual C or CodeWarrior.