Re: display centering

Hi again,

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Peter Garrone wrote:

>  When the turn is finished, the AI player does its thing off-screen so
>  to speak, which is all a bit boring. I have tried the following simple
>  patch a bit which re-centers the screen whenever the ai player does
>  any combat.

I haven't tried your patch yet, but one of my concerns would be
that things would get re-centered twice if you have follow-action
on, and are viewing an attack on one of your own units. Another
concern would be: how annoying is it if the turns are progressing
simultaneously rather than sequentially?

I certainly agree that things can get a bit boring waiting for
the AI to finish its turns. One idea would be to make the
interface more responsive to the user during that phase, perhaps
by putting in some "DoEvents" or whatever hooks into the AI code.
That way a user could review his/her strategic posture, tactical
situations, and force stats while the AI turns are progressing.

  Regards,