Tcl/Tk Interface Unification (was Re: New Xconq Windows Executable)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Hans Ronne wrote:

> attempt to organize the sources in a way that makes sense, so that new
> users know where to find the files. We also have a Windows SDL app,
> furthermore, we have a Mac tcltk app, and the latter does not live in the
> mac directory, which instead contains the mac interface.

However, there does not appear to be any make target for the Mac
Tcl/Tk interface in the tcltk Makefile (which might be useful
for building on Mac OS X with GNU tools). Do you supply your own
CW or MPW project when you build this interface?

> So the idea was to have all tcltk stuff (sources, resources, Makefiles) in
> the tcltk directory, all SDL stuff in the sdl directory etc. One directory
> for each interface.

Pieces of the X11 Tcl/Tk app are actually built in the x11
directory rather than the tcltk directory. If we really want to
be consistent, then we would also need to move the X11 Tcl/Tk
stuff into the tcltk directory, not just the Win32 Tcl/Tk stuff.

For the time being I am just going to apply Juergen's patch.
(Nearly a week after I said I would. ;-)

  Regards,