Re: Xconq for Windows

Hans Ronne wrote:

Don't use win/wconq.c its obsoleted by tcltk/tkwin32.c and should be
removed from CVS.

I have removed win/wconq.c from CVS.

Actually, we could do without the entire win directory. Xconq.RC and
Xconq.ico could just as well live in the tcltk directory, like the tkmac.r
resource file does. It would be more logical to keep all tcltk sources
(independent of platform) in the tcltk directory. I have been thinking
about moving the relevant parts of x11/xconq.c into a new tcltk/tkunix.c
file for the same reason (just like I did with wconq.c). And then make the
tcltk app for unix build in the tcltk directory. The x11 directory should
only contain xtconq sources.

The theory of having x11/xconq.c was to provide a way to stitch everything
that had to be X11-specific into the tcl/tk interface, without having to
conditionalize all the tcl/tk bits internally.  Originally the tcl/tk
dir was supposed to contain only platform-independent code.