Re: Civ game

>the new file advance-needed-to-research.txt is not necessary.
>I created it from civ2.g with some scripts, becourse I didn't know the way
>to get
>an aa_advance_needed_to_research table from Tcl.

I have checked in two new Tcl command functions that you can use:

atype_name $i

returns the name of advance $i.

advance_needed_to_research $i $j

returns 1 if $j is needed to research $i, else 0 (or -1 on error).

I think you could use these and iterate from 0 to numatypes, as in
fill_research_dialog.

>I am not sure BWidget is the best solution.
>but BWidget have widgets that i would like to use in tkconq.tcl.
>for example, NoteBook, MainFrame, TitleFrame, SelectFont, ProgressBar, Tree.
>I think it is a good idea to include BWidget in xconq.

I agree. Once we have solved the scrollbar problem.

>I saw the thread(Subject: Civ game), and I searched for HTML-related
>widgets and found some.
>HelpSystem <http://midc.miem.edu.ru/HelpSystem/index.php>
>An HTML Widget for Tcl/Tk <http://www.hwaci.com/sw/tkhtml/index.html>
>Scrolledhtml(incr Tcl)
><http://incrtcl.sourceforge.net/iwidgets/iwidgets/scrolledhtml.html>
>What do you think about these widgets?

HelpSystem looks nice. But I'm not sure how easy it would be to integrate
it with the existing help system that was custom-made for xconq. From that
point of view, perhaps one of the html widgets would be more useful.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se