Civ game

I've been quite a fan of Civ-style games, mostly freeciv. However, there
are many problems with freeciv, mostly that there is no interface for
proper macro-management. All units and cities have to be included
separately. I was reading about Xconq and it seemed to resolve many of
those issues with a very nice interface. It even includes a CivII game.
Great!

Unfortunately when selecting various plans I just get "no such command",
so I guess that feature isn't supported for that game? Even "AI Control"
doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something?

It would also be good if there was a manual explaining what the various
units actually do in the context of Xconq. F.ex. we all know what to
expect from the various wonder-units, caravans etc. but how they actually
affect the game in Xconq is a bit unclear.

There are many others things as well, like not having the possibility to
set long-term research goals, but those are the most important for the
moment. Especially the plans and AI Control stuff. If there was a
Civ-style game with good ways to avoid micro-management I'd be very
willing to play more of it.

                              / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/