Player Unit Design

Looking through the manual, there doesn’t seem to be a player unit design capability, such as Alpha Centauri has.  I suppose you could pre-design all the possible unit types, but I suspect  the display for building units wouldn’t handle the explosion of unit types possible (roughly 1800, if I got all the options correct).  That sort of addition to Xconq would require modifying both the kernel and the user interface, wouldn’t it?

Also, the build routines would need changes, since build rates are determined by the available materials, rather than by construction points the way Xconq does things.  I suppose you could add material_to_construction_point routine and set the default contruction points to zero.

I’ve been reading all 3 of the manuals, and some of the game code while trying to beef up the documentation.  This means more delays in documenting actions.c; but hopefully, better documentation.

Stanley M. Sutton                                         sutton@t-surf.com

AIM:                        StanleyMSutton            Ext: 113

MSNMessenger: sutton@t-surf.com

Yahoo Messenger: Stanley_Sutton

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1