RE: tcl/tk error messages

A few more deatails:

The dialog box title is "Xconq Player Setup" with a scrollbox with "Side
Player Advantage" across the top.  The contents are blank.  The only
other contents of the dialog are 3 buttons "OK", "Connect", "Quit".

The Application Error dialog box contains "Error invalid command name
"long_player_title".  If I click on details, I get:

invalid command name "long_player_title"
invalid command name "long_player_title"
    while executing
"long_player_title $player "
    (procedure "update_player_entry" line 22)
    invoked from within
"update_player_entry $i"
    (procedure "add_player_dialog_items" line 54)
    invoked from within
"add_player_dialog_items"
    (procedure "popup_player_dialog" line 3)
    invoked from within
"popup_player_dialog"
    (procedure "set_variants" line 8)
    invoked from within
"set_variants "
    invoked from within
".newgame.bottom.b1 invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tkButtonUp" line 7)
    invoked from within
"tkButtonUp .newgame.bottom.b1
"
    (command bound to event)

Clinking on the "OK" button, then the "OK" button for the player setup
dialog, I get "Application Error", "Error: window name "plbuttons"
alread exists in parent" with:

window name "plbuttons" already exists in parent
window name "plbuttons" already exists in parent
    while executing
"frame .newgame.top.plbuttons"
    (procedure "add_player_dialog_items" line 10)
    invoked from within
"add_player_dialog_items"
    (procedure "popup_player_dialog" line 3)
    invoked from within
"popup_player_dialog"
    (procedure "set_variants" line 8)
    invoked from within
"set_variants "
    invoked from within
".newgame.bottom.b1 invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tkButtonUp" line 7)
    invoked from within
"tkButtonUp .newgame.bottom.b1
"
    (command bound to event)

And I keep getting that until I click on "Quit".