Re: arguments to ?_create_at_action

Hans Ronne wrote:

Stanley Sutton wrote:

In the prep_create_at_action, do_create_at_action, and
check_create_action, there is an argument, int z, which is not used.
Does anyone know what it was intended to be used for?  Altitude? Leaving
space for 3D grids?

Altitude, the theory being that if you had something like a spysat
for which line-of-sight mattered, you could bring it into existence
at its usual operating altitude.  In practice of course, all that
altitude support is still unused deadweight...

What I find perhaps more interesting is the fact that all action functions
have an unused (or rather redundant) extra unit argument for the unit that
provides the acps, as distinct from the unit who does the job (the actor).
What was your original intention with this? Transports that would provide
acps to their occupants, or vice versa?

Yup.  To be more concrete, I was thinking of carried weapons, whether
a sword in the adventurer's hand or infantry towing artillery. As usual,
I put all this into the infrastructure before designing how to make it
work for players and game designers...