Re: Game unit design: a shield

The only problem I'd see with using combat model 1 is that it would not
be possible for characters to retreat from battle or effectively gang up
on other characters.  Using combat model 0, you could attack a stronger
unit with several weaker units, have each weaker unit retreat as it
became damaged, and still destroy the stronger unit.  This would not
work in combat model 1; you would only be able to send in attacking
units one at a time, and you'd probably lose a lot more of them.

Maybe there