	From: Hans Ronne [mailto:hronne@pp.sbbs.se]
	Sent: Mon 17-Jun-02 18:33
	To: Stanley Sutton
	Cc: xconq7@sources.redhat.com
	Subject: RE: Mutilple maps?

	>Actually I was thinking of multiple scale maps, such as
strategic and
	>tactical levels, but supporting 3D would be nice, also.  I
suspect that
	>doing both won't be much more work than doing either serpeatly.
:-)

	>Just glancing at the code, a good first step might be to
replace all the
	>explict x and y dependancies with a co-ordinate struct, which
would
	>support both multiple co-ordinates and scales.

	Well, this is how the game already works. You can zoom the scale
for each
	map, and you can have several maps with different mags and
focused on
	different parts of the world open at the same time. This in
addition to the
	strategic world map that is attached to each map in the tcltk
interface (in
	the mac interface, the world map is a separate map in a floating
window).

	Hans

	Hans Ronne

	hronne@pp.sbbs.se