Xconq network game finally (?) fixed

I have just checked in a bug fix that seems to quash all sync errors in the
network game. At least, I have not seen a single sync error after the fix,
and I have tested the game more extensively than ever before.

Furthermore, it is now clear what all the sync errors had in common. It was
the fact that a single broadcast (of a checksum) took place between host
and client run_game execution. The checksum itself was harmless, but while
the host was waiting for an ack, the client could also send data that would
change the game state (after rebroadcast by the host). Which must not
happen between host and client execution!

I hope this is the final fix, but only testing can tell. There may still be
issues relating to network delays, which I could not test for.

Hans

P.S. One remaining problem is that the host gets stalled for quite some
time at the launch of many games (e.g. flattops, but not the standard
game). I'm not sure why, but I will try to figure out next. The stalling
does end after a minute or two, so it is just necessary to be patient.

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se