Re: Some Misc Questions (Long)

Some stuff snipped...

> >6.  How can you define force pools for sides?  You can limit the number
of
> >unit types and define when a unit type becomes available, but how could
you
> >increase or decrease the limits on a given turn or based on an event?
>
> Not sure I understand this question. If your mean, can we specify when a
> particular unit type becomes available, one answer is to use either
> advances or tech development  (both are supported in the kernel). For a
> really complicated alternative approach, check out time.g, which has a lot
> of module-specific support in the kernel.

A "force pool" basically says that one can only build so many units of each
type available,
and more of each type (or new types) become available upon various
conditions (time,
being attacked, capturing some objective, etc.).

It can get even more complicated than that, where one can build a total of N
units from
columns A, B, C (representing limited manpower: one can build a total of 10
infantry
plus tank plus mechanized divisions).

Also, many games have breakdown/buildup, where the whole is often greater
than the sum
of the parts.  And there are various restrictions on when units can break
down/convert/etc.

Erik