Network bugs - progress report

I have now been able to reproduce the problems Bob and Jim ran into also in
single machine ai versus ai mode. They occur once about every 100 turns
under those conditions. I also think I understand what is going on.
Basically, there is a logjam in the incoming queue which causes a delay
before some packets are processed. The reference to dead unit bug happens
when a unit  dies before a packet telling it to do something is processed.
Not sure about the checksum errors (never caught one in debug mode yet) but
probably the same underlying problem.

I'm not sure how hard this will be to fix, but understanding what the
problem is is usually half the solution.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se