Some Misc Questions (Long)

Hans, some miscellaneous Xconq questions.

1.  Do counter-attacks consume material and acp like regular attacks, or are
they "free"?  I would like to limit unit attacks to one per turn but permit
a unit to defend and CA multiple times, and material-to-attack may be the
solution if CA is free.  Also, would free-mp allow a unit to advance in an
overrun beyond its move-range but not extend its normal move-range?  I'm
really wrestling with how to define unit acp and material to permit certain
actions and limit others during a game turn.

2.  Is there a way to trigger inactive sides to active status if their units
are attacked or their territory is invaded, or by some event or date?  Is
there a way to charge material for a side to "declare war" before they are
allowed to attack or invade an inactive side?  Since everyone is neutral to
each other in Xconq, this seems like a problem for any WWII-type strategy
games unless you hardwire events into the game.

3.  I'm noticing on the designer window for units that I get a single-column
list that cuts off units at the bottom.  For features, I get a multi-column
list which includes everything.  Is this just a bug or is there something I
can set to fix the unit list?

4.  How exactly does side-color-library work?  I assume you can use the same
unit-types and unit-images for different sides, with unit-image color
defined by the library, but I can't figure out how to do this.

5.  Can random events and conditional statements be included in game
modules, or only those currently defined in Xconq (ie, NamingMethod random,
ScorekeeperForm if, etc.)?  It's not clear if this may be possible and what
the syntax should be.  Example, how to check total material in an alliance's
treasury (or some other parameter) at the start of each turn and set side
priority based on who has more (ie, initiative).

6.  How can you define force pools for sides?  You can limit the number of
unit types and define when a unit type becomes available, but how could you
increase or decrease the limits on a given turn or based on an event?

Some of these questions are tough and may be pushing Xconq's limits, but I'd
appreciate your insights when you get a chance.  I'm curious how others may
have handled these things.  Thanks.