Re: CRT Combat Model (long)

> This is how the ai resupply code works. When a unit has half of its fuel
> left it returns to the nearest base.

You can also manually trigger the "return to nearest base" behavior by
hitting the "r" key (at least in the tcltk user interface).

> The answer is that you can turn ai-control on or off for individual
> units, but control is an all-or-nothing decision.

In the tcltk interface, there is a "More/Plan Type" menu item.  It
seemed to more or less work last time I tried it, although when I
showed it to Stan he was like "really?  Oh that is strange, having the
AI on locally but without reference to a global AI" (or something like
that).

> If people think this would be useful I could perhaps dig up the code
> and get it to work again.

If there were more useful plans, it might be very useful.  For
example, the defensive plan is almost what I want (sometimes), but
units on defensive aren't quite active enough in terms of patrolling.
In the standard game they do things like "occupy town xxx" which just
makes them sitting ducks given the capture-chance and the
protection values (if the capture-chance were smaller or the
protection were greater, it might be different).

Then again, maybe I've gone too far down the path of "I can improve on
that behavior manually" to really put up with an AI, even if it were
improved.