Re: General concepts questions

Laurent Duperval wrote:

> Even after reading the help menus on the various units, I'm not quite sure
> what I can do with settlers and other "non-agressive" units such as spies (I'm
> playing against the AI). The docs are pretty high-level so they don't provide
> the kind of detail I'm looking for. Where can I find this info, other than
> bugging the list every time I bump against similar issues?

This is an unexpected side-effect of Xconq generality - the games
are so different from each other that the generic manual is not
very helpful, but the online help in game modules is too limited.
Each significant game design should have a 10-20 page manual of
its own, that documents the rules of play and then goes on to
explain recommended strategy and so forth.

What happens when I sit down to write one of those manuals though,
is that the writing reveals a lameness in the rules, and then that
reveals a limitation that requires more code tinkering to fix... :-)