Live independents now available

I have just checked in the new independent side code. Here is how it works:
in the Setup Dialog you can now check "Indeps hava AI" (off by default). If
you do, the independent units will come alive and behave just like another
side in the game. Right now it is running under full mplayer control, which
means it is very hard to beat in games where most units start out as
independents. There will be a crippled version of the mplayer later which
restricts independent units to local defense etc.

If you want to try out this feature, I recommend the Roman Civil War. With
live independents, it is more like the "Great Barbarian Invasion" after a
few turns. Playing the intro game with this feature on is rather tough. The
indepside will most likely wipe you out before you even get to meet the
robots.

The "Indeps can Build" and "Indeps can Research" checkboxes only apply to
advanced games (i.e. ane.g) right now. The "People" checkbox will make it
possible to turn on city populations that grow with time also in
non-advanced games, but right now it does nothing.

There may well be undiscovered bugs left in a big change like this, so I am
grateful for feedback.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se